- Wait 24-48 hours before washing or chemically processing your hair.
- When brushing, use a soft, boar bristle brush; starting at the ends and working your way up, always brushing in a downward motion. Brush before shampooing to keep hair from matting.
- Always use a good leave-in conditioner from mid shaft to ends, keeping away from the tape tabs. For best results use Hotheads Hair Care products to keep extensions feeling soft and looking sleek and healthy.
- Wear your hair in a low pony tail when swimming, exercising, and sleeping.
- Walt 48 to 72 hours after any chemical treatment to have extensions applied.
- Always have a licensed cosmetologist remove and re-apply your extensions.
- Don't use any products containing alcohol, oil, or ethanol. Alcohol based products are drying to the hair and can compromise the strength of the adhesive bond.
- Don’t brush hair harshly.
- Don’t go to bed with your hair wet.
- Don’t chemically process your hair at home. Rely on your salon professional for any services while wearing extensions.
- Never remove your extensions yourself.